Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Unsent Letter...

Dear Bob,

I wish I could find an old-school romantic man. *sighs*
Such as you described in your last comment to me.
They're so very few these days.
I had a friend who was like that, I fell very quickly for him, unfortunately. Which lead to me getting hurt. He said, I wasn't exactly the kind of girl he was looking for...

I was secretly telling myself, "He's missing out...".

It turned out for the best anyway. Because, I ended up moving away. He wasn't always the nicest guy either, he was just being cautious. That's what I meant.

That is not ridiculous or silly. It's just how you feel... And I'm very touched by it.

Yet, I had forgotten the meaning, well of part the meaning of Valentines day. Apart from the money expensive.

It's too show your appreciation to another human being...That's all I ever wanted. People forget that meaning and show such hatred towards it.

As you said,

"--and to be appreciated is one of the highest forms of 'love' that can be obtained from another."


I had forgotten about it.

I knew along that you were fond of me...how deep though.

Thank you. <3

xx.

1 comment:

Lucifers-light said...

Sometimes your words are like rare jewels--they are so worthy of admiration and so true. Yes, you are right. Such men, and women, are hard to find now. The old school of being a true gentleman is gone in the world. I don't know where it went or why it went--but there are no more "old school romantic men" under the age of 50.

Yea, and I would dare to venture that you are also right about it being "his loss." And that he definitely is "missing out." For in many ways, you are different than most 20-25 year old women of today. You have an almost "old school charm" still about you. Perhaps it is left over from your mother or someone But I have noticed it sometimes in your writings.

I'm happy you enjoyed the poem I left you on my blog.

You wrote: "I knew along that you were fond of me...how deep though."

I take it you are asking a question? If so, How deep would you want me to be fond of you? Tell me to what degree you wish I would "love" you? (Remember, the word 'love' comes in all sorts of degrees including 'fond.') So just how much do you wish I were fond of you?

Yea, and what would be your desire if you could have it fulfilled? What would be your fantasy? If I were a Genie in a bottle and could grant you one wish, what would it be that you would want of me?